• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
graveyard filla

help with linker warnings

This topic is 4983 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, im trying to clean up all warnings i have in my game, and just need to clear up these linker warnings, but i dont understand them. they all come from "luabind", a library i use to embed Lua into C++. heres the warnings:
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
luabind.lib(class_rep.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'c:\fta\Release\vc70.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
luabind.lib(create_class.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'c:\fta\Release\vc70.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
luabind.lib(find_best_match.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'c:\fta\Release\vc70.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
luabind.lib(implicit_cast.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'c:\fta\Release\vc70.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
luabind.lib(open.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'c:\fta\Release\vc70.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
luabind.lib(stack_content_by_name.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'c:\fta\Release\vc70.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info

im using VS.net 2003. thanks for any help.

Advertisement
seems like you are compiling a debug build and linking to release version libraries of the luabind library. if the library has a debug version of the libraries, use those instead of the one you are using now. otherwise just ignore the errors b/c there's nothing you can do about them other than find some switches to add to your linker that will suppress the warnings (but there's no difference between that and just ignoring their presence).

-me

I get this sometimes and it's usually when I don't set my project to use a Multithreaded DLL. Try that.
Quote:
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!