Creating a add-on program

Started by
1 comment, last by Temer 23 years, 5 months ago
Hey, I have this wintv card in my computer. with the software it is possible to record programs. I am interested in recording dragonballz however the wintv program does not have a time set option to record and stop when you want to. so i was wondering is there a way to create a program to make the wintv program record and stop. i was thinking that you could somehow send the WM_LBUTTONDOWN message to the WinTV program at a specific time to record and stop. The button to record and stop is the same. so you could send the same message twice; once to start and once to stop. However, what I am unclear about doing is sending messages to other programs. How do I do it? thanks
Advertisement
Usually this kind of thing works - It may help if you figure out what message is being send by the program''s buttons. Try snooping arounnd the resosurces with a resource editor to find the toolbar or menus to find out what IDs get send by the buttons/menu options (they will be the wParam paramater of WM_COMMAND) - then send these messages instead
Run the application, run Spy++ and it will list the window. Open its' properties and it will list the window class and the window name.

Pass these values or one of them to the FindWindow() api function and send messages to the window using the handle returned.

Good luck.

Edited by - JonStelly on November 3, 2000 3:51:43 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement