Java Tactics ENGINE demo

Started by
6 comments, last by KostasVl 19 years, 1 month ago
NEW BUILD: JT_3-1-2005_0.zip[280k] NOTES: Demonstrates Use of Paths (Fluid Actor Movement) Use of Different Verticle Graphics and Heights Load|Save Map Data New Map (Works for creating smaller Maps) Actor Range Highlighting (Shift+Enter) I Believe that this Build also has the Debug mode on... so tell me any errors that you get! Post Comments to: My Journal
BRING BACK THE BLACK (or at least something darker)
Advertisement
Very impressive! FFT is my favorite game and is also the inspiration for my own game, Final Tactics! :) (http://homepages.shu.ac.uk/~kvlahava/final_tactics/final_tactics.zip)

Looking forward to seeing Java Tactics turn into a real game!
---For a gamer, programming is the ultimate game. - Henk RogersSee my first game here: Final Tactics (328KB)
I tried running your game... it was a blank window with some buttons at the top. When it loadedm it gave me the dialog telling me which buttons to use, but no graphics were shown... The cursor did change however. I do have DX9 installed.

Do you have any screenys?
Looks and runs fantastic H_o_p_s. However - when you try to lower the ground below the starting point, no walls show up. Any fix on that or will you not be allowing that in the future?
The way that the graphics work anything with a height below 0 gets no vert graphic... maybe I should put a if(tile.height>0) drawVert(g,x,y);

Thanks for the comment!
Does it not end up looking good at that level? Or is there some other technical reason? I'm interested in writing an isometric engine for my next big project, so I'd be rather curious to see if there was a technical reason.
I just have the 'ground level' to be an int value. Your not supposed to be making maps that are below that level, I just hadn't made it so that you can't put tiles below. So if you make the height -5, it will render at -5...

The only technical reason is that there needs to be some cutoff to the vertical graphics, and thats just where I put it :)

Let me give you some advice, if your making an isoengine do it in 3D!!! 2D is so hard to work with all of the layers...
H_o_p_s, my game uses OpenGL, so you'll need driver support for that. DirectX 8 is used for the sound in v0.6 (link in my signature). Here is a screenshot as you asked: http://homepages.shu.ac.uk/~kvlahava/final_tactics/FinalTactiscScreenShot.jpg

Thanks,
Kostas
---For a gamer, programming is the ultimate game. - Henk RogersSee my first game here: Final Tactics (328KB)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement