Getting Started With DirectInput.

Started by
12 comments, last by Mercury 19 years, 1 month ago
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
I'm not sure about that. The c_dfDIMouse and c_dfDIMouse2 constants may have relative axes, but the DIDATAFORMAT member allows you to specify DIDF_ABSAXIS and call IDirectInputDevice8::SetDataFormat. Are you sure about that assertion?

Oluseyi's right on this one. Have a look at this MSDN reference, which points to this one. I'm glad this was brought up because I hated the fact that I could not get DX to do absolute, but now I know how [smile]. Thanks!
Advertisement
hey i believe directx is fast for everything it does when you have the right hardware

Even inputs it just a matter of scarifacing speed for something else like reliablty
Bring more Pain
Ahhh that's how you get absolutes.. Very nice. (I asked this question on this board a couple days ago and no one answered about abolute axis. I'll try that when it's time)

As for your problem try it by these lines
LPDIRECTINPUT8       g_pDI              = NULL;    DirectInput8Create( GetModuleHandle(NULL), DIRECTINPUT_VERSION,                                          IID_IDirectInput8, (VOID**)&g_pDI, NULL );

THEN try g_pDI-> and see what pops up.

DirectInput8Create() doesn't work on my compiler also. but all the others work, likely because DirectInput8Create() doesn't have a direct object however g_pDI->CreateDevice() would have an object to link to.
Quote:Original post by anonuser
i see. Intellisense works fine when dealing with the classes but the DX functions

DirectInput8Create() will not give me anything.

VC++'s Intellisense is still kinda b0rked, if it really bothers you, you can check out WholeTomato Software's Visual Assist. I've not used it in a while, but I liked it when I did use it. It's, unfortunately, not free.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement