• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Magnus Wootton

paralax mapped tank

This topic is 4833 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

http://www.geocities.com/magnus_wootton/Tankp.jpg heres what the models in my game are gonna look like. this is the finished product, ive wasted all my tricks and this is what i got.

Advertisement
Looks pretty nice, good work - texture could use work but I'll assume you're more of a programmer than an artist, so it's fine.

-Mezz

Yeah would be better if you added some more detail to the texture but if its going to be an RTS tank I guess you wont notice as much. Very cool work:)

Nice work, I only have one point of criticism: Real tanks are not supposed to be shiny; tank factories try to achieve as matte look as possible to avoid specular lighting from giving away a tank's location for the enemy. This is, of course, only semantics [smile] I do recognize the fact that you may not desire such level of realism at all, and the tank itself does look nice with the shiny shader.

EDIT: In a game, it is actually very beneficial if the units stick out from the background. Therefore, the current shader probably does an excellent job. I didn't want you to think that I didn't think my criticism [grin]

Great but can you tell us how many polygons is using the model?
and I "think" you are only using colors for the tank, why not use camuflage textures(you know, the green - brown militar pattern).

its 1500 vertices.
its sorta a toy kinda game, not meant to be real.
i was copying doom3 to make it, you reckon it looks pretty close?
it goes really fast, i can draw 300 of em at once at around 30 frames per second on my 2000 mghz radeon 9600.

the texture is just plain colours.

good thing to is i could probably make 2 in a single day, they are really
quick to make.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!