• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Erzengeldeslichtes

VC++.net 'array': undeclared identifier

This topic is 4832 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Erg... I've never used the .net framework before, and I can't find much in the way of tutorials on the internet. Anyway, I'm trying to compile a peice of code from the help files, which uses "array<Char>^". However, when I enter that into my "Windows Forms Application (.net)", it gives me 'array': undeclared identifier. 'array' is appearing in blue, like a built in type--int, if, for, etc, which to me says that the IDE is considering 'array' as a built in type and therefore 'array': undeclared identifier is like saying 'if': undeclared identifier. Can anyone give me any clue as to what's wrong? And just for completeness:
//...
using namespace System;
//...
	private: System::Windows::Forms::TextBox^  UnicodeInput;
	private: System::Windows::Forms::TextBox^  UTF8Input;
//...
	private: System::Void Unicode_TextChanged(System::Object^  sender, System::EventArgs^  e)
			 {
				 if(!sender->Equals(UTF8Input))
				 {
					 String^ UnicodeStr = UnicodeInput->Text;
					 System::Text::Encoding^ eUTF8 = System::Text::Encoding::UTF8;
					 System::Text::Encoding^ eUnicode = System::Text::Encoding::Unicode;
					 array<Byte>^ UnicodeBytes = eUnicode->GetBytes(UnicodeStr);
					 array<Byte>^ UTF8Bytes = System::Text::Encoding::Convert(eUnicode, eUTF8, UnicodeBytes);
					 array<Char>^ CharBytes = gcnew array<Char>(UTF8->GetCharCount( UTF8Bytes, 0, UTF8Bytes->Length ));
					 UTF8->GetChars(UTF8Bytes, 0, UTF8Bytes->Length, CharBytes, 0);
					 UTF8Input->Text = gcnew String(CharBytes);
				 }
			 }
//...

(keep in mind this is my first try at the .net framework, so there's bound to be numerous things wrong with the code.) (...tutorials would help...)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!