• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DeadFish

mfc42d.dll ordinal 5077 error

This topic is 5007 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I reformatted, and now when I make dialogs in MSVC++, I get this error when I try to compile : "The ordinal 5077 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.DLL" I have used the VC++ Tool "Dependency Walker" to verify that in fact there is no ordinal 5077 in that DLL. I have version 4.21.0.7022 of MFC42D.DLL. I have downloaded MFC42D.DLL from many (5 or so) websites in the hopes I had an out of date version. They are all the same so far, in size, version, and lack of ordinal 5077. I have googled the problem, and the best I can find says to download the newest version of that DLL. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Jason

Advertisement
I may just be retarded.

I hit rebuild all. Damn thing works.

Why? I dont know. Maybe cuz I had that DLL open in the tools program?

Baffled. 2 days of effort just to have it 'magically' fixed right after I decide to post. If anyone can 'splain, please do.

-Jason

What happens if you link to the release versions of the MFC DLLs? Or build a release app? I have v6.0.9782.0, You can download it Here, although I'd make a backup of your own version just in case.

EDIT: Too late. Never mind.

It's probably just a bug. You get errors that "Rebuild All" fixes all the time. It's caused by the compiler trying to be clever and only compile bits of the source that have changed, thus saving time. However, sometimes it messes up and causes all sorts of problems (like this one). It was probably the data getting messed up, and the ordinal 5077 getting put in the source instead of some other number that does exist (e.g. 507 [Dunno if that exists, it's just an example]).

Evil Steve : I got yours, put it in there, renamed mine to .old, works good so Ill keep that version.

Thank you again. :)

-Jason

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!