• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
capn_midnight

GBA Cart Flashers

This topic is 5000 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm having a difficult time determining which flashing device is the most appropriate for my purposes. I've basically found two types of reviews for each of the devices: reviews from developers (however, these reviews appear to be somewhat old and do not cover some of the newer devices), and reviews from software pirates (extoling the wonderous virtues of the devices to load thousands of games that they never paid for). Going to the websites that sell the devices doesn't help much, either. Mostly it's just standard "This product is teh gr8st" text, with links to websites that don't look too professional. I'm beginning to think that no truly professional, 3rd party devices exist, you would have to buy the official dev kit (which is only available for purchase by certified industry companies). I'm currently looking at 2 devices, and was wondering if anyone here (i.e. the members of Gamedev that I've grown to trust on these issues) has any experience with them and can provide some feedback? EZ-Flash USB (review)(Company website) Flash2Advance USB Linker (review)(Company website) essentially, all I want is: PC to GBA link (no flashing drive involved) Multiboot support Write-to-cart support for >256Mb There is another device that plugs directly into the cartridge itself to flash the cartridge, but I don't really think I want that one. So, if I have missed any devices that include all of these features, without any of the extranious features like Real Time Clocks, Instant Save, etc, please feel free to recommend.

Advertisement
I own the Flash2Advance linker (though it's the old parallel-port version) and I'm very pleased with it. My version doesn't support PC to GBA link and upload speed isn't that great but other than that I find it's a good choice.

Happy GBA coding,
Pat.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!