Good Development platform

Started by
3 comments, last by JD 19 years, 1 month ago
Good Development platform I was just throwing around the idea of using linux to develop on but I don’t know much about it. I do know that it’s free, and stable but can you run windows programs on it? What about it people what the best development platform? -Frank
Advertisement
Personally I develop simultaneously on teh PC, Mac and Linux and I find that hands down Microsft has the best documentation and programming tools.

Cheers
CHris
CheersChris
I use windows for my programming platform, mainly because I find Visual Studio to be the best IDE, and windows is what I use to run all my other programs

You can not run windows applications on linux nativly but I believe there is a program you can get that will allow you to run some programs.

linux is harder to set up than windows, but if you are experience with computers shouldn't be much of a problem. Seeing though it is free you might as well try it and compare it to windows for yourself
that last post was me
For minimum fuss go with windows and MS tools. Everytime I come back to windows from linux I feel so relieved. Like a huge weight was dropped off my shoulders.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement