• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
edma

OpenGL Bezier Surfaces

This topic is 4918 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I want to model differents kinds of apples using Bezier surfaces in OpenGL. I like to have 3 models based on its size. So I´ll have a size range for each type. I don´t know how to model and get, in a effective way, the control points to model my apples. Any suggestions, please? Thanks!

Advertisement
openGL is not a modelling tool

make the models somewhere else and import 'em

It's kind of hard to get blobby, round objects with Bezier surfaces. Look in to NURBS instead, they are more flexible when it comes to closed-shape modelling... you will probably need to patch and stitch several Bezier surfaces if you go with them, which is essentially a very akward way of using NURBS surfaces. Most modelling tools, such as Maya, Milkshape, 3DS etc have great support for NURBS modelling, so just create them there and import the model.

Ok.
Thanks a lot for your help!! I´m asking because I want to enter in the bezier world and I though that this example of trying to model a fruit(an apple) could be interesting..

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!