Quick Q abt DirectX 9.0 sdk...

Started by
2 comments, last by flippya2000 19 years, 1 month ago
Hi every1 :) Some silly Qs, but perfect 4a beginner ;) - I've just downloaded the DirectX 9.0 sdk (dec 2004) & was wondering what else I need to start using it properly..I already have Dev-Cpp, but I heard somewhere that I need Visual Studio.Net - is this true? If I need more than Dev-Cpp to use DirX9sdk properly, what are (if any) my open-source options? Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated :)
Advertisement
The DirectX sdk is probably easier to get going with Visual Studio (both being Microsoft products), however you can do DX work with Dev-Cpp.

Although I have not tried it myself, if you head over to the Devpaks Repository, and get the DirectX devpak from the 3d graphics section, that should be enough to let you make DirectX apps in Dev-Cpp (or more specifically with the MinGW compiler tools).

I think that is all you need, although as I said I've not tried it myself, so I can't be sure.

- Simon
Quote:Original post by simb
The DirectX sdk is probably easier to get going with Visual Studio (both being Microsoft products), however you can do DX work with Dev-Cpp.

Although I have not tried it myself, if you head over to the Devpaks Repository, and get the DirectX devpak from the 3d graphics section, that should be enough to let you make DirectX apps in Dev-Cpp (or more specifically with the MinGW compiler tools).

I think that is all you need, although as I said I've not tried it myself, so I can't be sure.

- Simon

Or, for a little faster result you could do it in your Dev-C++ environment,
Tools ->Check for updates and packages ->Check for updates ->DirectX9 Dev-pack.
And that's it[smile].
-----------------------------------Panic and anxiety Disorder HQ
Many thanx simb & hothead :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement