Your Physics-Based Game Idea?

Started by
11 comments, last by sigmaent 19 years, 1 month ago
I need your help. I would like to make a 2D game that utilizes physics, but I really cannot form a good game idea. So do you have any good game ideas to utilize a 2D physics engine? Anything welcome. Much appreciated. [Edited by - skittleo on May 8, 2005 8:50:03 PM]
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
Advertisement
I completely off the wall tetris clone would be cool. Where the cubes role and bend and fall using physics engine.
2D Physics engine? Well, you could make a game where you have to shoot some sort of projectile at an angle to make it bounce and reflect, etc. You could have springs, gravity, magnets, etc.

Just an idea.
I like that idea and could see that working. Thanks, and keep them coming.

Edit: Another interesting idea. Sorta like snood with more physics I'm imagining.
I played a neatish game called Boot Legger that had girders set up, and, to get to the boots that you had to collect, you had to kick walls over and climb them to get to the top. It was interesting. How about a fighting game where you could kick boxes at the oponent, and climb barrels to retreat, or something.
---There are 2 kinds of people: those who know hexadecimal, and those who don't.
The first physics-based game I ever played was The Even More Incredible Machine. I loved that game. Messing with air pressure and gravity, using conveyors, trampolines and angled ramps to pop balloons, scare mice and turn on lights was a blast.

On a totally unrelated note, Psi Ops did a good job of integrating physics into a good 3rd-person shooter. The physics engine improved everything from throwing grenades to kicking corpses to telekinetically stacking boxes. It integrated puzzle elements so smoothly that the game was a delight to play.
Meagermanx:

That would be a pretty revolutionary idea for fighting games. It would also bring new meaning to the kick boxing.

Iron Chief Carnage:

Incredible machine - such a fun game. One of my ideas was a real-time version of that game, but I'm too afraid of making a copy of such a great game and not living up to its success. Also I'll try to borrow Psi Ops from a friend. I love when genres blend.

Thanks guys. Your ideas are all very creative - they all sound like possible paths at this point. More welcome.
Forgot to log in. ^me
This reminds me of a really great 2d physics based game, Elasto Mania. http://www.elastomania.com/
Elastomania is a lot of fun. That's a game that creatively uses physics.

Anyone else have game ideas that you don't mind sharing?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement