A Classic Game ReInvented

Started by
6 comments, last by FireNet 19 years, 1 month ago
Hey guys, How many of you guys have played snake? Now check this game out, Double Snake II So, what do you think guys? It's made using DirectX, and it's fully software rendered.I made it as a fun project improving on Double Snake I which I made in Mode 13h. It still need polish and some makeup on the menus so just try to concentrate on the game eh ;) Instructions The snakes can be move up,down,left and righ.The can move over themselves and over each other. The are obstacles (on the maps) which can kill the snakes.Solid and electrified walls they are ;).And there are some sneaky electrified ones which switch on and off at regular intervals (be carefully when moving through them) All the configuration files are text file which have to be edited by hand (At present).They are stored in the folder called 'cfg' System Configuration --------------------- Game Speed:The main cfg file is system_cfg.txt.The game speed can be adjusted using DELAY, the lower the faster the game moves. New Player Controls:Within Player_CFG { ...} put a new entry CFG=playerX_file.txt(any filename).By default the orginal player cfg files are stored in 'cfg/player_cfg/'.The path is relative to the executable. Notes:player_cfg.txt is not used. Maps ---- At present a map cant be selected via the menu, so edit the first line in map.txt.Open it and take a look ;) All maps are stored in the folder 'maps'.Take a look at the map files.They are quite understandble (I hope).MAP {} set's the maps options.Under it COMMENT= is used to output to the console (activated by pressing F11). Hint, maps can be made with the help of paint (comes with windows).Just draw on an 800x600 image and copy coordinated down in the Box{} things.X,Y is the top left corner and BX,BY are the bottom right ones.Look in maps/mire.txt for a map using all the options. Also would anyone like to help me finish polishing off all the rough spots and write a map editor?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
[AirBash.com]
Advertisement
Your downloads are just FAKE links and are referrals to some sort of site. Either you're counting clicks, collecting IP addresses or you're trying to simulate clicks on ads.

Either way, this is illegal, post reported to moderator.

Ok, sorry for my overreaction. I found out the links open zip files from IE. No idea why they refuse to work on Firefox 1.0.

Toolmaker

[Edited by - Toolmaker on March 3, 2005 1:34:32 PM]

The links work for me. They open up a zip file containing the game.
The links weren't working in IE earlier (1-2 hours ago), but they appear to be now.
nice job Fire. Links work for me (FireFox 1.0)
As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is - I collect your f***ing head.
Quote:Original post by Toolmaker
Your downloads are just FAKE links and are referrals to some sort of site. Either you're counting clicks, collecting IP addresses or you're trying to simulate clicks on ads.

Either way, this is illegal, post reported to moderator.

Ok, sorry for my overreaction. I found out the links open zip files from IE. No idea why they refuse to work on Firefox 1.0.

Toolmaker

Sure thing man ;)

The links should be working on all browsers.And ofcourse the click are counted, so I can see how many people are having a look, but not ips are logged, just the clicks are counted :D,have a look here

Quote:Original post by anist
nice job Fire. Links work for me (FireFox 1.0)

Thanks man ;D

Comments guys?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
[AirBash.com]
Well, since my processor isn't a Pentium II 233 MHz, I'm afraid it goes way too fast. You really should add time-based movement (it's really easy).
Killers don't end up in jailThey end up on a high-score!
Quote:Original post by nife
Well, since my processor isn't a Pentium II 233 MHz, I'm afraid it goes way too fast. You really should add time-based movement (it's really easy).

You could alway open up the cfg/system_cfg.txt and increase the DELAY value.Everybody like a particular speed, just fiddle around with it a bit.I have yet to try in on a XP with a P4 1.5 GHz proccessor ;)

(Hehe:I did make it on a PII MMX ;) )
[AirBash.com]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement