• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

I can't find Yann's article

This topic is 4734 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It doesn't appear to be listed in the article index or in the featured article archive. Did I miss it or has it been hidden somewhere? Either way could someone post a link to it please...? Many thanks.

Advertisement
Thanks for that.
Can anyone remember the latest news on the next installment - providing I haven't missed it already?! In November Yann said the next article was practically done so... obviously he's a busy man and I don't need the articles yet, but someone must have pestered him recently to save me trawling the forum archives for searches like:
Yann + water + OMG + "I love Yann" ;)

Fair enough. I guess he probably gets a LOT of pms/emails asking/begging/demanding the next article and personally I'd find that irritating, but if he leaves an email address for us to see...

I also read an article about catching memory leaks a while ago, I think on GameDev. I can't find that either but don't know who it was by or the title. Can anyone suggest something - I'm doing something similar but his would tell you the line where the memory was allocated etc which seems handy.

The source code written by Paul Nettle (found here: Presenting A Memory Manager) is often thrown about whenever anyone asks on the forum about tracking memory leaks. We use that code in our engine - extremely useful [smile]; maybe its what you're after.

If you want some general YannL "chatter" then try this listing: Yann L's Greatest Hits. Think it was put together when the community went into deep depression and mourning when Yann announced he was calling it a night...

hth
Jack

Quote:
Original post by jollyjeffers
The source code written by Paul Nettle (found here: Presenting A Memory Manager) is often thrown about whenever anyone asks on the forum about tracking memory leaks. We use that code in our engine - extremely useful [smile]; maybe its what you're after.

The link to the code on FlipCode is dead, but I have a copy of it cached here if you need it.

Quote:
Original post by jollyjeffers
If you want some general YannL "chatter" then try this listing: Yann L's Greatest Hits. Think it was put together when the community went into deep depression and mourning when Yann announced he was calling it a night...
hth
Jack

Nah, that was being put together way before yann was calling it a night. Months of stalking went into that. It was however revealed when the community went in to deep depression ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement