I can't find Yann's article

Started by
8 comments, last by d000hg 19 years, 1 month ago
It doesn't appear to be listed in the article index or in the featured article archive. Did I miss it or has it been hidden somewhere? Either way could someone post a link to it please...? Many thanks.
Advertisement
Click - it was under the Columns section
Thanks for that.
Can anyone remember the latest news on the next installment - providing I haven't missed it already?! In November Yann said the next article was practically done so... obviously he's a busy man and I don't need the articles yet, but someone must have pestered him recently to save me trawling the forum archives for searches like:
Yann + water + OMG + "I love Yann" ;)
I really don't know [sad]

Drop him a PM [wink]
Fair enough. I guess he probably gets a LOT of pms/emails asking/begging/demanding the next article and personally I'd find that irritating, but if he leaves an email address for us to see...

I also read an article about catching memory leaks a while ago, I think on GameDev. I can't find that either but don't know who it was by or the title. Can anyone suggest something - I'm doing something similar but his would tell you the line where the memory was allocated etc which seems handy.
The source code written by Paul Nettle (found here: Presenting A Memory Manager) is often thrown about whenever anyone asks on the forum about tracking memory leaks. We use that code in our engine - extremely useful [smile]; maybe its what you're after.

If you want some general YannL "chatter" then try this listing: Yann L's Greatest Hits. Think it was put together when the community went into deep depression and mourning when Yann announced he was calling it a night...

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers
The source code written by Paul Nettle (found here: Presenting A Memory Manager) is often thrown about whenever anyone asks on the forum about tracking memory leaks. We use that code in our engine - extremely useful [smile]; maybe its what you're after.

The link to the code on FlipCode is dead, but I have a copy of it cached here if you need it.
Quote:Original post by evolutional
The link to the code on FlipCode is dead, but I have a copy of it cached here if you need it.

Here's the site now. Scroll down for the MMGR.
Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers
If you want some general YannL "chatter" then try this listing: Yann L's Greatest Hits. Think it was put together when the community went into deep depression and mourning when Yann announced he was calling it a night...
hth
Jack

Nah, that was being put together way before yann was calling it a night. Months of stalking went into that. It was however revealed when the community went in to deep depression ;)
[size=2]aliak.net
Quote:Original post by Drew_Benton
Quote:Original post by evolutional

Here's the site now. Scroll down for the MMGR.
Excellent, thanks a lot.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement