• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
paulecoyote

DirectX 9c SDK Feb - removes support for Windows 2K?

This topic is 4832 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, from the MS site: Windows 2000 is no longer a supported platform for the SDK. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/directx.asp Has this been a problem for any developers using Windows 2000 and this SDK update? Removing "support" does not necessarily mean it doesn't work when it comes to MS does it, it just means they won't help you out if it doesn't work. My dev laptop currently has XP Pro SP2 on it, but my Desktops both at work and home have 2K. Anyone have any personal experience? They mention several bug fixes in the release, but really I would like to run the same version of the SDK on all the machines I have access too. Cheers, Paul

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by LDenninger
on a related note, has anyone succeeded in using the Feb. SDK with Visual Studio 6 ?

Haven't been able to use Dec 2004 or Feb 2005 SDK with VS6, since all the DX libs have been compiled with .NET, so they wont link with apps built with VS6 . . . unless you hooked up the free .NET compiler to VS6, but that's another can o' worms . . .

Sort of OT: does anyone know exactly what has been fixed/improved in the HLSL compiler in Feb SDK?

Quote:
Original post by LDenninger
on a related note, has anyone succeeded in using the Feb. SDK with Visual Studio 6 ?

I think I saw an article somewhere that you can drop a lib / dll file (precompiled) so it will work on VS6. I think it might be somewhere on the MSDN DirectX site.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!