Still same question..

Started by
3 comments, last by Syranide 19 years, 1 month ago
I cant find any good tutorials on the net (you heard me not even on google) that shows step after step how to program isometric games in DirectX. If someone knows any site that shows that please post it here. Everythign is helpfull as long they shows as I said. IDreal
Advertisement
No offense, but I find it hard to believe you couldn't find anything. There IS an entire forum for the subject, here at GameDev ;)

Anyway, I think you are looking in the wrong direction. Not to sound mushy, but you should be looking within yourself for these kinds of matters. If you know how to engineer and write software, and you know how to use DirectX, and you at least have some general idea of the type of game you want to make, then there really isn't anything stopping you from making it. Tutorials aren't really needed at that point.
You may not find a single tutorial that takes you from an empty project to a working Iso game, but you will find tutorials that cover all of the aspects of Iso programming. You should be able to combine the information learned from each of those and get the same result.
*cough*
An isometric games in what for the first, 2D, 3D?

And I really don't see what's so hard about isometric games... they are like usual games... but easier to do...

If you don't know how to work with 2D/3D (if that is the case) I suggest you read some tutorials on that instead.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement