Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hanzz

several questions........

Thanks for reading this post!! I have several questions about some aspects of 3D programming... 1.)Where can I find info on BSP/PVS/Octree indoor rendering? 2.)Terrain collision detection? 3.)L.O.D. terrain? 4.)Getting a game engine to load a 3DS format textured object? I have searched the web, but I find only a little on terrain lod, almost nothing recent on bsp technology as it relates to indoor/ outdoor rendering. If you know of any places with this information, please allow me the benefit of your knowledge! I greatly thank you for your consideration in answering these questions!!!

Guest Anonymous Poster
You say you''ve searched the web - Have you actually checked this site for the information you want?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Try looking at some of the earlier posts - I was also interested in the BSP stuff & found a link to:

http://www.mr-gamemaker.com

then goto the Tutorials section & look at VSD...it looks quite useful. I can''t help thinking that the 3DS stuff looks like hard work. I found an import/export plugin for the quake MD3 files - but I haven''t yet found any info on the format - but it could be easier than 3DS.