Installshield programs

Started by
3 comments, last by dark chrono4 23 years, 5 months ago
How do you go about creating an app like this? Is it just a parent app with a bunch of dialog boxes? Or is it just a series of windows strung together? "I can't work like this! Where are my fuzzy dice?"
"I can't work like this! Where are my fuzzy dice?"
Advertisement
I think installshield is copyrighted by someone, and if you want to make an install program using this, you contact the company and get an installshield SDK or toolkit. Im guessing, but it makes sense.

=======================================
Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.
John Milton, Paradise Lost
Installsheild is an app in it''s own right.

If you want a good (and free!) program try inno setup from http://www.jrsoftware.org

Matt

Sorry, I didn''t mean I want to use it, I want to make something like it. I''m doing a little patcher routine for the online club I''m in. But I would like to have a screen that shows a TOS, a different one to select the directory, and a third one to show the credits/readme. In a setup that looks something Installshieds program, granted I could use this or another like it. But I want to do it myself for the sake of programming experience.

It''s just a series of dialog boxes. Either create a new one each time, or just change the contents of a single one.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement