opengl in vb in picturebox

Started by
9 comments, last by Thrump 23 years, 5 months ago
I was messing around with this tonight, and was wondering, is it possible to render onto a picturebox? It didn''t seem to like to. I have it on a form ok. (thanks to somebody elses code) If it''s possible, is there anything special you have to do?
Advertisement
I figured it out... I was being dumb. Now, my next question is, how do you render to two different pictureBox''s?
Hey, I figured this out if anybody is interested. Not too hard... why doesn''t anybody ever answer my questions!
Because you don''t bother to try to answer your own questions before asking them to this forum.

Please state the nature of the debugging emergency.

sharewaregames.20m.com

Nice guess, but you''re wrong. I did try to figure out both problems on my own, but after a while I was no further ahead, and was beginning to think it wasn''t possible. When I said it was easy, I didn''t mean it was obvious (at least not for me). I meant it was simple once you knew how.
OK, then you don''t explore all your options full before asking questions.

Please state the nature of the debugging emergency.

sharewaregames.20m.com

Listen... I worked on these two problems, couldn''t figure it out in a time period I thought was reasonable, so I thought maybe somebody could point me in the right direction. What''s wrong with that?

What do you think is a reasonable amount of time to work on something before you post here?
4 hours?
a day?
a week?

Jeez, I don''t think anybody would post here at all if they had to do that. My original comment about nobody helping was in good humor, which is why I included the smiley.

These boards rock, and I don''t think I posted too early, you do. Let''s leave it at that.
stupid answer, but maybe nobody knows HOW to help you!!

Wazoo

Learn about game programming!Games Programming in C++: Start to Finish
and heres me asking whats a picturebox?

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux
Wazoo, I like that answer. It makes me feel smart!

zedzeek, a pictureBox is just a panel(in vb) you put on a form where you can draw and blit things. It has a built in hDC, which makes drawing to it easier with the windows API, as well as a lot of built in drawing functions.

I think they''re only available in visual basic, but I don''t do much other windows programming.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement