• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Basiror

Strange problem with MFC & AMD64

This topic is 4919 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi i am working on a level editor and i encountered a really strange problem I started developing it on my laptop winxp home edition everything was fine i created a few splitterviews and filled in my opengl views so far so good i draw the 2d grid and at the topleft of each view i draw Camera/Top/Right/Front so the use knows which view he s using ok now i moved the project to my knew computer AMD64 Winchester 3000+ *yes i am going to overclock it when i need the additional performance* well ok now the trouble starts here we have the code that draws the text over the opengl part works fine on my old computer and my laptop but on my new computer it only appears when i move the cursor or update the grids and then only for a moment i have got a XFX 6800GT SLI PCIE as a by side node void CTIC2DView::OnDraw(CDC *pDC) { m_glDevice.Enable(pDC->m_hDC); glClearColor(1.0f,1.0f,1.0f,1.0f); glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); Draw(); SwapBuffers(pDC->m_hDC); m_glDevice.Disable(); //draw "Top","Right","Front" into the 2d view CRect rect; GetClientRect(&rect); CString str[]= { "Top", "Right", "Front" }; pDC->DrawText(str[m_iView],&rect,DT_LEFT | DT_TOP); } ok this isn t the only problem when i try to rescale the selection box i feels kind of laggy as if the windowsmessages are delayed on my other computers i get a smooth transformation of the box any idea what could cause this problem? i have already disabled the hardware firewall of the mainboard no luck

Advertisement
ok i have installed Visual Studio SP5 now but the application still runs laggy on my amd64 system

1. the pDC->DrawText.... only appears when i move the mouse or press a button
2. the mouse input or the application itself seems to lag

i switched the mouse now didn t change it though

a release compile doesn t change it either

boah fuck windows

installing an older driver didn t fix it either

[Edited by - Basiror on March 4, 2005 5:22:13 AM]

here is the executable

http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~siedaumu/TICBuilder.zip

you can paint a red selection box

if you click outside the box and move the cursor the edges should move smoothly

and the text in the top left corner of the views should always be visible

please have a look of it works

my computer seems to be the only one that causes these problems

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!