• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deathwing

HEEEEEEEEEEELP !!!!

This topic is 6463 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys ! I''ve got a reaaally big problem . You see I''ve got a Voodoo 2 (PCI) on my board (I know it sucks)and something is wrong !!!! It doesn''t want to switch into a resolution greater than 640x480 . And it seems like it doesn''t recognize OpenGL anymore !!! If I run a game in OpenGL than it will halt. If I write a program like the 2nd tutorial then a black window will appear but with absoluteley no drawings !!!! What should I do ???? (Keep in mind that I am not a very rich person and It would be hard for me to get a new 3d card) LUV , HUGZ & KISSES

Advertisement
Interesting, I had a problem like this once.

You may want to re-install the drivers.

In any case, a Voodoo 3 PCI can be found for under 70$

AFAIK voodoo2 doesn''t do higher resolution than 640x480 ? And only in fullscreen.

Mvh
Søren Olesen

Did I mention that I''ve already got the latest DirectX7 drivers for this card and it still doesn''t help ???

LUV , HUGZ & KISSES

DeathWing: First off, the Voodoo2 chipset doesn''t support resolutions higher than 640x480. To get the card to do your OpenGL-rendering for you you will have to copy a file named something like 3dfxvgl.dll (or something, it''s been a while since I had a V2 on my computer) to the applications directory, and rename it to opengl32.dll. Also, the Voodoo2 only supports fullscreen rendering, so if you try to make a windowed app I think your computer will crash.

~Neophyte

- Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth. -

Well... I found this file , copied it into the directory where my project was . after renaming the file I run the project then an animated 3fx logo appeared and ... nothing
any other ideas ?

LUV , HUGZ & KISSES

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!