HEEEEEEEEEEELP !!!!

Started by
18 comments, last by Deathwing 23 years, 5 months ago
Hey guys ! I''ve got a reaaally big problem . You see I''ve got a Voodoo 2 (PCI) on my board (I know it sucks)and something is wrong !!!! It doesn''t want to switch into a resolution greater than 640x480 . And it seems like it doesn''t recognize OpenGL anymore !!! If I run a game in OpenGL than it will halt. If I write a program like the 2nd tutorial then a black window will appear but with absoluteley no drawings !!!! What should I do ???? (Keep in mind that I am not a very rich person and It would be hard for me to get a new 3d card) LUV , HUGZ & KISSES
LUV , HUGZ & KISSES
Advertisement
Interesting, I had a problem like this once.

You may want to re-install the drivers.

In any case, a Voodoo 3 PCI can be found for under 70$
http://www.crosswinds.net/~druidgames/resist.jpg
AFAIK voodoo2 doesn''t do higher resolution than 640x480 ? And only in fullscreen.

Mvh
Søren Olesen
Did I mention that I''ve already got the latest DirectX7 drivers for this card and it still doesn''t help ???

LUV , HUGZ & KISSES
LUV , HUGZ & KISSES
DirectX drivers won''t help you to get OpenGL acceleration
SO ??????? Where should I look for the newest drivers ??? GLsetup ??? :eek:

LUV , HUGZ & KISSES
LUV , HUGZ & KISSES
DeathWing: First off, the Voodoo2 chipset doesn''t support resolutions higher than 640x480. To get the card to do your OpenGL-rendering for you you will have to copy a file named something like 3dfxvgl.dll (or something, it''s been a while since I had a V2 on my computer) to the applications directory, and rename it to opengl32.dll. Also, the Voodoo2 only supports fullscreen rendering, so if you try to make a windowed app I think your computer will crash.

~Neophyte

- Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth. -
Well... I found this file , copied it into the directory where my project was . after renaming the file I run the project then an animated 3fx logo appeared and ... nothing
any other ideas ?

LUV , HUGZ & KISSES
LUV , HUGZ & KISSES
have you tried glsetup?

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
Yes but it didn''t help.

LUV , HUGZ & KISSES
LUV , HUGZ & KISSES

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement