• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MaggoT

List Of Processes

This topic is 5004 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I got a question, how can i retrieve a list of the processes running on my computer with C++ & win32 api. I have an api reference tho, i don't know what to look for so it's hard to find it. So i would be greatful if one of you could tell me at least what api functions to use, and/or show me an example(not a must). MaggoT

Advertisement

#include <tlhelp32.h>

HANDLE hProcessSnap = NULL;
BOOL bRet = FALSE;
PROCESSENTRY32 pe32 = {0};
int n = 0;

// Take a snapshot of all processes in the system.
hProcessSnap = CreateToolhelp32Snapshot(TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS, 0);

if (hProcessSnap == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)
Application->MessageBox("Failed to walk the list of processes", "Failure retrieving Processes", MB_ICONERROR);

pe32.dwSize = sizeof(PROCESSENTRY32);

if (Process32First(hProcessSnap, &pe32))
{
do
{
pIDs[n] = pe32.th32ProcessID ;
ListBox2->Items->Add(pe32.szExeFile);
n++;
}
while (Process32Next(hProcessSnap, &pe32));
}
Label1->Caption = n;
CloseHandle (hProcessSnap);

This is from a Borland C++ Builder project of mine. pIDs is a long and pe32.szExeFile is a char * type.

Thanks Daerax, will take a closer look at that later.

Because going to get the list of processes when i get further into my program, but i got another problem with the win32 api.

I'm trying to create a groupbox (with CreateWindowEx()), this is what i've done:

CreateWindowEx(WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE, "STATIC" , "Edit Memory", WS_VISIBLE|WS_CHILD|BS_GROUPBOX|SS_SIMPLE,10, 10, 500, 500, hwnd, (HMENU)IDI_GROUP1, GetModuleHandle(NULL), NULL);

And it does show up, but the text "Edit Memory" aint showing up on the group-box. I have checked the API Reference but found nothing that described the text without the "SS_SIMPLE" dwstyle.

What am i doing wrong?

Endurion: haha didn't think of that, i didn't remember last time i used it so no wonder why i thought it was a STATIC. Well thanks, it's working now.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!