• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Subloading a texture

This topic is 4825 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What I am basically trying to do is paint a smaller texture onto a larger texture using D3DXLoadSurfaceFromSurface. I have a base floor texture (LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9) with a snow texture on it and I am trying to paint dirt patches onto it in various places. It works fine except that it paint the entire dirt picture onto it and ignores the alpha areas. The last parameter of the D3DXLoadSurfaceFromSurface function is supposed to be a color to use as the alpha channel but I cannot get it to work at all. Any help would be much appreciated. -Chris

Advertisement
That alpha parameter is used to set alpha values in the loaded texture. D3DXLoadSurfaceFromSurface is not a rendering call and as such does not use alphablending.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!