win £1000000

Started by
5 comments, last by Dong 23 years, 5 months ago
ok, i found this and i thought if there were any REAL mathmatical pros here, i thought they would like to know... it''s about the game ''mine sweeper'' and the problem involves the question ''P=NP?'' if any one figures this out, you win a cool one million pounds! here Dong
Advertisement
Can you please elaborate on that issue?
press the link which says ''here'' at the bottom of my message....

good luck!
I''ll get my college math teachers to work on it, without telling them about the prize, of course

-Mezz
I''m doing Maths at Warwick university, which is where the author of the article (Ian Stewart) is based, although he could have fooled us......

So, I''ll put a gun to his head until he figures it out.... but this is a long standing problem in the realm of algorithms and I don''t think he''ll get to an answer anytime soon... so I''ll probably have to do it myself if I want it solved...... ah well...

Dewi Williams
What exactly are they wanting solved? All I saw were examples of boolean and minesweeper comparisons. I may have accidentally skipped over what it was wanting done, but if anyone else saw it, what was it?
They wanted a proof that the travelling salesman problem, which is equivalent to the minesweeper problem they gave can be proved in time NP, or a proof that it can''t be proved in time NP.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement