Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maketty

Hey what program does everyone use?

photoshop for painting high quality digital images and paint for sprites. occasionally i use milkshape for game graphics and often use drawn textures. i suck at 3ds so its really just sitting on my shelf.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

Guest Anonymous Poster
I downloaded truspace4 and it never loaded I kept getting errors, and I also tryed to ger Jasc Painter thing but it never loaded either, 32 megs unuseable and 3 hours wasted on a download that never went.

This sucks, but I will look into trueSpace3 and Rhino3D, they sem like they maybe some good.

Also if there is anyone with 3D Studio Max or Lightwave could you tell me if they have an evaluation site for the two programs I have to buy the software.

I use Photoshop 5.5, ImageReady and some Bryce/Truespace stuff (but not much, as i do almost only 2d stuff)
a while ago i switched to PS5 from PSP5+animation shop, the photoshop is just much friendlier...

a good way to get really nice textures of stuff you see every day (stone, wood, etc.) is to get a digital camera with a 1600X1200 res(i know its really expensive, but it would save hours of work, and its looks, in most cases, better) and leave it as is, or touch it up in photoshop or psp

Nah, for my logos and a few textures, its gotta be the GIMP or, if I am developing in windows: The GIMP for Windows.

For very basic rendering: POV-Ray

Moddeling: Anim8or

As you can see, I have no money, so I must use these free programs, and, while they are not bad, the ultimate set of tools would probably include:

PSP
Maya (damn thats good)

I, dunno, I could think of a few more, but these two would probably fill in any artwork needs.

Also, to save some cash, you could swap PSP for GIMP. I reckon it''s as good or better.

SLARTIBARTFAST00
PLEASE SELECT WITTY .SIG:

If you''re looking for a cheap 3D Modeller, i''d recommend MORAY..
it''s a front end for POV ray.. and you can get em'' all free..
i used to used Moray a LOT before i got my hands on 3D Studio..

you can find it here:

http://www.stmuc.com/moray/index.html

enjoy!

No More Clones!
Stop The Madness!