Hey what program does everyone use?

Started by
18 comments, last by maketty 23 years, 5 months ago
www.cnet.com www.zdnet.com for trueSpace search.
Advertisement
Hiya,

I use 3D Studio MAX 2.5 and PaintShop Pro 5, all textures I do are from scratch with PSP, although I''ll use PhotoShop for effects/features it does better than PSP (Scaleing for example)

There!

www.stephen-hawes.co.uk
Alright thanks Zonbie.
I use Photoshop 5.5, ImageReady and some Bryce/Truespace stuff (but not much, as i do almost only 2d stuff)
a while ago i switched to PS5 from PSP5+animation shop, the photoshop is just much friendlier...
a good way to get really nice textures of stuff you see every day (stone, wood, etc.) is to get a digital camera with a 1600X1200 res(i know its really expensive, but it would save hours of work, and its looks, in most cases, better) and leave it as is, or touch it up in photoshop or psp
I use paintshop pro 6
am I a bad person?

also I hope that guy with the old
machine gets a new baby soon. the
samurai needs a sharp sword.
"do you like my helmut?"-yoghurt
Nah, for my logos and a few textures, its gotta be the GIMP or, if I am developing in windows: The GIMP for Windows.

For very basic rendering: POV-Ray

Moddeling: Anim8or

As you can see, I have no money, so I must use these free programs, and, while they are not bad, the ultimate set of tools would probably include:

PSP
Maya (damn thats good)

I, dunno, I could think of a few more, but these two would probably fill in any artwork needs.

Also, to save some cash, you could swap PSP for GIMP. I reckon it''s as good or better.

SLARTIBARTFAST00PLEASE SELECT WITTY .SIG:
NoneWho is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?Microwave: Signal from a friendly micro...Multitasking: Screwing up several things at once...How do I set my laser printer on stun?Sarr! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse!
SLARTIBARTFAST00PLEASE SELECT WITTY .SIG: NoneWho is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?Microwave: Signal from a friendly micro...Multitasking: Screwing up several things at once...How do I set my laser printer on stun?Sarr! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse!
I use Maya unlimited 2.5 for modelling and animation
Photoshop 5.5 and Illustrator 9 for textures
Premiere for editing

Albatros!!! Get you Albatros here!!!
Albatros!!! Get you Albatros here!!!
Kickass! The GUIDE lives!
If you''re looking for a cheap 3D Modeller, i''d recommend MORAY..
it''s a front end for POV ray.. and you can get em'' all free..
i used to used Moray a LOT before i got my hands on 3D Studio..

you can find it here:

http://www.stmuc.com/moray/index.html

enjoy!

No More Clones!
Stop The Madness!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement