Sign in to follow this  

Which library in dev c++?

This topic is 4662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I did a google search but I could not find the answer. I tried different libraries but which one do I need to include to do Matrix transformations and vectors? I get an error trying
D3DXMatrixLookAtLH(&matView, &D3DXVECTOR3(0.0f, 0.0f,-30.0f), //Camera Position
                                 &D3DXVECTOR3(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f), //Look At Position
                                 &D3DXVECTOR3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f)); //Up Direction

because I do not have the correct libraries included. Could someone help me out? Thanks vbuser

I took a look at the MSDN site and they say that the function needs d3dx9.lib. So the first thing you need to do is see if -ld3dx9 works with the linking. If not, I noticed that it looks like a DX9 function from the content archive, so you may need to update your DX files for Dev-CPP. I've never used DX with Dev, so I can't offer much more there.

- Drew

This topic is 4662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.