• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

simple rig advice

This topic is 4737 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi all, the project i'm working on at the moment involves a character animation using a washing machine. i have a dummy object set up to use as the machine (so i don't have to worry about all the components of the model, they're all parented to the dummy) and i need to ba able to pivot it from all for lower corners. i've got this set up to a degree by setting up a helper at each corner and parenting them to each other in sequence. the problem is that if i don't pivot from the final node in the chain, the other pivot helpers get left behind and i end up animating the steps way behind the model, which is obviously a bit rubbish as the pivot points start going nuts :S so, is there any way i can set up the pivots to move the model, but have them stay on their respective corners without getting that marvelous "link dependancy loop" warniing? otherwise anything over about 2 "steps" becomes a logistical nightmare. thanks in advance for any advice!!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement