Sign in to follow this  

scaling problem

This topic is 4661 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've got this weird problem: I have a 2048 x 2048 bitmap font, and this font I want to scale to 512 x 512. The background color is 100 % green ($00ff00), I use green for transparency. The problem is that when I scale the picture in the Gimp, it adds all kinds of greenish colors at the boundaries of the font. And, of course, this is what I do not want, I need to leave the pure green intact for transparency. How can I solve this? (Paint has exactly the same problem b.t.w.). Another question related to the Gimp, how can I enable antialiasing when scaling? thanks.

in mspaint if you select the whole image (edit | select all) then right click on it then click stretch/skew it shouldnt smooth out the edges

in the gimp click image | scale image... then enter the size you want and change linear to none then click scale

This topic is 4661 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.