64x32 tiles - anyone have a few to spare?

Started by
7 comments, last by GroZZleR 19 years, 1 month ago
Hey all, Anyone happen to have any 64x32 isometric tiles they could spare for some testing / debugging? I remember someone once posted a black and white template, but I couldn't seem to find it when searching. Any and all is appreciated - thanks!
Advertisement
Sorry, dude... I most commonly used 48x24. But I do have something else you can look into. The original website is down, but I've put a ZIP of it up on my public FTP.

ftp://pub@moonshot.no-ip.org/pub-dl/IsoRotate.zip

Unzip it, and try it out on the sample BMP given there. It's a useful little tool for creating floor and wall tiles, but more complicated ones aren't in. I've also put my two debugging/template files for 48x32 tiles in this second download.

ftp://pub@moonshot.no-ip.org/pub-dl/IsoTemplate.zip

Hope this helps!

edit -- I leave this server up most of the time, but it does go down overnight on weekends. Just so you know.
RIP GameDev.net: launched 2 unusably-broken forum engines in as many years, and now has ceased operating as a forum at all, happy to remain naught but an advertising platform with an attached social media presense, headed by a staff who by their own admission have no idea what their userbase wants or expects.Here's to the good times; shame they exist in the past.
I am at work at the moment,

but if I remember tonight I'll let you use some of the MW tile sets.

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Quote:Original post by EDI
I am at work at the moment,

but if I remember tonight I'll let you use some of the MW tile sets.

can I to?
I just need some grass and maybe dirt, nothing more :-)
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
hehe, I will post them here =)

didint get to it last night, busy busy times =)

17th cometh quick =D

=/
As you might have guessed, I've been swamped.
however, I will make an effort to do it tonight!

Hi,

Why dont you create your own tiles? Really easy.

a. Get you textures. Its easy to find many free tileable textures in the web. In your case, try the texture to be as small as possible in order to avoid losing detail. YOu need a 64*32 tex, look for 128*128 textures or 256*256 textures at most.
b. Install Photoshop/Paintshop/GIMP or any image editor you prefer.
c. Open your texture.
d. Resize the image to 64*32.

You are ready to go. It has the advantage that if you like your tiles, they are yours anly and you ont need to change them later.

If you need isometric, rotate yoursquare texture 45 degrees. Stretch after that.

If you need transitions, place terrain1 in one of the layers and terrain 2 in the second. Errase from the second layer so the first gets visible. Do this in the original square textures of course. Rotate and stretch after that.

Luck!
Guimo

Better late than never... right?
sorry it took so long =/
always busy am I =/

Sweetness. Thanks EDI. =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement