Sign in to follow this  

Best Compiler Options for GameProgramming

This topic is 4666 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i am currently reading NeHes OpenGL Tuts and coding some small OpenGL stuff, but when i compile my code or the code from the tuts i get an programm what is significant slower than the binarys that came with the tuts i tried it on MS VC++ 6.0 and DevCPP 4 i turned debuging information and exception handling off and tried some optimizations, but still its damm slow does anybody know how to configure one of the above compilers to make better code? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian W. Kernighan

The rule of thumb is, it isn't the compiler, it's you. Try making your own code better before you go looking for a different compiler.

What were you trying to do anyway? Process googleplex?

This topic is 4666 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.