Sign in to follow this  

Dev C++ Troubles

This topic is 4666 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I'm not by any means a C++ newbie. I've worked with many programming languages in the past. However, I'm having trouble with this C++ compiler called Dev C++. I'm trying to get OpenGL/GLUT to work with this compiler. So I have downloaded all of the appropriate files for these two libraries. I am able to run other peoples' OpenGL/GLUT programs just fine. I can open them, compile them, and the program runs. However, if I try to edit any of the files that are included within the .cpp file (those include statements), the changes are NOT made when I run it (including any changes made to the main tutorial .cpp file itself). It's like as though it completely ignores the fact that I changed any of the included files and runs the exact same way it did before. Any time I try to make a new project and new source file within the project, it now gives me an error that says "Source file not compiled" even after compiling it successfully. It's like it doesn't even make the .exe's (or even updates .exe's for that matter). I must've messed up some setting earlier or really don't know enough about C++ compilers. Any help here is appreciated as always.

Quote:
Original post by Rob Loach
You may have to clean the project (Execute->Clean). You could also manually delete clean it by deleting the *.o files.

I just noticed that it's one of those MS Visual Studio project files and Dev C++ uses a different format for project files. So what do I need to do?

Dev-C++ has an import tool that let you import a VC++ project. You can also try the command Run->Rebuild all (or something similar) to force dev-c++ to rebuild all files.

This topic is 4666 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.