The maths of Peperami

Started by
29 comments, last by Season2 19 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, I saw some dip once that was something like this:

Serving size: 15g
Fat grams per serving: 16g

WTF? Needless to say, I didn't eat it.
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Cold_Steel
Yeah, I saw some dip once that was something like this:

Serving size: 15g
Fat grams per serving: 16g

WTF? Needless to say, I didn't eat it.

It's surrounded by a force field of one gram of fat, and when you inhale it enters your lungs.
And from the lungs, BAM! Straight into the arteries.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -I am you and what I see is me
Quote:Original post by Geno the Great
Sheep's stomach stuffed with meat and, according to one person I know, the sheep's brain

Basically anything they can get off the sheep. Considering what we all know about Scotsmen and sheep, I guess we can fill in the blanks for ourselves.
Nein heer du smign. ah open up the nine im heer du shmine
Quote:Original post by Boris Karloff
Sheep's stomach stuffed with meat and, according to one person I know, the sheep's brain

Basically anything they can get off the sheep. Considering what we all know about Scotsmen and sheep, I guess we can fill in the blanks for ourselves.

I think you may be refering to our other celtic neighbours the welsh.
Quote:Original post by benryves
The only thing I can think of is that they take the mass of all the ingredient parts, put them all together and process the snack - after which the total mass has decreased somehow, and they then express the percentage of pork as mass of pork before cooking over the total final mass. But that seems too silly.

This is actually exactly right but the weight loss is not due to cooking (as the pork ingredient will already be cooked) but due to evaporation of water due to the very high sodium content.

- Oscar [smile]
Quote:Original post by moagstar
I think you may be refering to our other celtic neighbours the welsh.

Those savages are all the same.
Quote:Original post by Croc
This is actually exactly right but the weight loss is not due to cooking (as the pork ingredient will already be cooked) but due to evaporation of water due to the very high sodium content.

You've given away your secret identity. You're mr. Peperami, aren't you?
What weighs more, 16g of uber-fat or 16g of uber-pork.

The meat inside is traditionally the heart, liver and lungs, mixed in with spices and other stuff used to stuff sausages.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement