The maths of Peperami

Started by
29 comments, last by Season2 19 years, 1 month ago
Whilst out hunting a curry for supper in Sainsbury's supermarket (do not buy the "Basic" line curry - it might only be 88p, but it does look like vomit-inna-tray when you open it) I came across a promotion on Peperami - "buy one get one free". I picked up a couple of packs of the "spicy meat snack" (it's not spicy at all) and had munched my way through quite a few of them when I looked at the ingredients on the back. Now, can someone tell me this: how can this sausagelike snack be 108% pork? I thought that you could only have up to 100% of something.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Advertisement
Maybe it's one of those products that has an extra 10% of something free. This is just Peperami with extra 10% free.
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
Do you really want to know?
I like the DARK layout!
Quote:Original post by falkone
Maybe it's one of those products that has an extra 10% of something free. This is just Peperami with extra 10% free.

The only thing I can think of is that they take the mass of all the ingredient parts, put them all together and process the snack - after which the total mass has decreased somehow, and they then express the percentage of pork as mass of pork before cooking over the total final mass. But that seems too silly.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Or maybe it's like the nutrition information on food packages and it means that it is 108% of your daily recommended pork.
Quote:Original post by tstrimp
Or maybe it's like the nutrition information on food packages and it means that it is 108% of your daily recommended pork.

I hope not. I just ate 10 of them. [looksaround]

You might not want to eat something made entirely out of the worst meat possible, followed by the worst fat possible, followed by a bucketload of sodium. Just a small health tip from your friendly neighbourhood GroZZleR.
Quote:Original post by GroZZleR
You might not want to eat something made entirely out of the worst meat possible, followed by the worst fat possible, followed by a bucketload of sodium. Just a small health tip from your friendly neighbourhood GroZZleR.

Details, details.

You should be proud of your purchase: you just swindled an extra 8%! Congrats!
Don't mond me asking, but how much did it cost for one? (Or two, whichever way you want to put it.)
Quote:Original post by GroZZleR

I choose to ignore that tip. I would argue with you, but my heart seems to hurt quite a bit right now...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement