searching for a simple networked game example

Started by
4 comments, last by marzec 19 years, 1 month ago
greetings, first of all i want to state that i already read 1) the faq to this forum 2) nearly all topics in here 3) all articles in the article section and googled a lot of stuff. the only thing that i could not find until now is a simple example of a networked game. i already checked zap, but as it is based on the tnl i don't consider this to be a "simple" example. if anybody in here has some source to share it would be nice to post it here. i guess a simple example could prevent some newbies like me from harazing ppl in here :) thank you in advance ( looking forward to all the nice comments on how stupid this post really is...)
Advertisement
you can download my simple Pong clone which uses RakNet. you might want to do a little reading of the RakNet manual beforehand though, RakNet is about as simple as networking gets.

FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
thanks, i already checked that example out it is pretty good for starters. would be nice tough to see an example that doesn't use a third party lib like raknet, hawknl or tnl.
Quake II source is available for download, too.

Anyway, I think the fact that almost all finished networked games available use some middleware library is a clue you should pay attention to :-)
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
yeah i played around with raknet a little now, seems to be pretty neat. well thx for your hints ( he i already checked out the quake 2 source a few months ago ow... heh)
damn it, when i said i read nearly all the posts in this forum i completely missed the fact that this board by default only shows the messages from the past 20 days. d'oh i feel like a n00b now and my face is red cause of shame. anyhow thx again and for every other dumbass out there that is like me just select "All Messages" from the dropdown box above and enjoy the fountain of knowledge in here heh.. to bad that the search functionality is disabled atm, using google to search the whole site is tedious...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement