Sign in to follow this  

Sending Messages to CFrameWnd

This topic is 4667 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, i would like to send a user defined message to the MainFrame of my single-doc mfc app from the View. I want it to force loading of another main-toolbar resource, so i can use multiple toolbars (one at a time). How can this be done? I defined message: #define CHANGETOOLBAR_MESSAGE WM_APP+1 Added function to CMainFrame: afx_msg void OnCHANGETOOLBAR_MESSAGE(); and use this to send message in a member function of my View: AfxGetMainWnd()->SendMessage(CHANGETOOLBAR_MESSAGE); but nothing happens.

Try the ON_MESSAGE macro instead. That would be to place:
ON_MESSAGE(CHANGETOOLBAR_MESSAGE, OnCHANGETOOLBAR_MESSAGE);
in your message map.

You don't need WM_APP+1 either. WM_APP is the first free message identification you can use.

I tried it, but it gives me the same error:
error C2440: 'static_cast' : 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(void)' can not be converted to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* )(WPARAM,LPARAM)'

Quote:
Original post by Jannes
I tried it, but it gives me the same error:
error C2440: 'static_cast' : 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(void)' can not be converted to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* )(WPARAM,LPARAM)'
You have the wrong return type and arguments. It should be:
afx_msg LRESULT OnCHANGETOOLBAR_MESSAGE(WPARAM WParam, LPARAM LParam);

This topic is 4667 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.