Why isn't the SDK texture tool working? O_o

Started by
1 comment, last by DrunkenHyena 19 years, 1 month ago
Greetings, I installed the DirectX 9.0 SDK and almost everything works great. On my system, the Texture Tool throws an error that it couldn't create the device, this doesn't make sense!! Here are the specs on my system: P4 2.8Ghz 1MB cache 800Mhz FSB Samsung 256MB DDR400 RAM (I am upgrading this :-P) 256MB nvidia GeForce 6800 PCI express So, my computer is powerful enough, why isn't it working?!
--m_nPostCount++
Advertisement
Presumably because it can't create the device.

Isn't the source code for the texture tool included with the SDK? If so you could try building it with debug information turned on, and run it (with DirectX debugging turned on too, Forum FAQ) to see what DirectX tells you the error is.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Even without building it you can use an external tool like DebugView to capture the debug output (providing you installed the debug version of DX).
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement