Sign in to follow this  

qedit.h ?

This topic is 4661 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm tackling the SDK for a video capture application that uses the DX9 sdk. The application is includes a qedit.h header that is not included with the source and I haven't found it in the DX SDK, and the documentation makes no mention of it at all. Is anyone familiar with this header file, and where to get it and any corresponding libraries? I believe that it has something to do with DirectShow, but my searching through the windows media SDKs thus far has not yielded any success. Thanks.

If you check the DX9 SDK docs you will see that qedit.h is not supposed to be compatible with DX9 (anything after DX7 i think)

I had the same problem trying to use the ISampleGrabber interface, which is part of qedit.h.

As CodeMunkie suggests the answer was to extract the code from qedit you need and paste it into your own header file, ISampleGrabber.h in my case.

hth

Yea, I've come to understand that it's not compatible with versions later than 7 for reasons that it depends on older versions of the SDK's resources. So, I'm rather disappointed in the developers of this SDK, that have decided to use DirectShow with DX9. Though, I'm still determined to get this to work.

Has anyone had any luck with using directshow with DX9 in VS6. I keep generating errors on DWORD_PTR, which is declared in basetsd.h when I try to include dshow.h. However, if I try to include basetsd.h manually, it doesn't seem to help. Anyone have any ideas? ...I'm trying to get this working before tomorrow afternoon, though unlikely, but I'm trying.

Thanks.

This topic is 4661 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.