resource.h not automatically updating

Started by
0 comments, last by hplus0603 19 years, 1 month ago
I have a resource file included within my project (VC++ 6), aptly named "resource.rc" and I just added a menu to it. Now, when I save the resource file, isn't VC++ supposed to rewrite the "resource.h" file with all the define's and everything? Only two of my menu items are included in the header and I was wondering if there was a reason? Just before this happened, I inserted "resource.rc" into the project (Project->Add To Project->Files). The menu shows up properly and when I click on the last two items, the actions I have set up work fine, but the first three, which don't have #define's associated inside the resource header obviously do nothing because I can't compile the switch statement with the menu item labels.
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper
Advertisement
I believe VC only re-edits resources.h if you add the items through the built-in resource editor. However, the specifics of what VC does are likely well documented in the copious manuals that come with that product...
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement