Sign in to follow this  

Anything Please!

This topic is 4664 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok I made my mind and im going to stick to Programming instead of designing. I just want to learn how to do this so badly. I would buy books but at this time I cant because of money issues. I have been checking cprogramming.com for tutorials on C++ but does anyone know any places where I can get FULL UNDERSTANDING TUTORIALS for C++? After I get that down I will start on gaming program and learn everything there is to know even knowing it gonna be awhile. But please help me with some excelent tutorials!

Sadly, you won't beable to find a more complete C++ resource then a good physical book. If money is that much of an issue, you should probably start a different, less-expensive, hobby (paper airplanes can be fun). If you're still under the teat (living with parents), just tell them you've gained an interest in programming and would love to get Object Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore for your next birthday present. Good luck! If money is still an issue, go get a job you lazy bum! [smile]

Thinking in C++ (downloadable for free)

http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html
www.cpp-home.com
http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/

Unfortunately Rob is correct - as useful as online tutorials are, if you are unable to learn from them, they are no substitute for a good physical book (which you can then supplement with online tutorials).

[Edited by - Kazgoroth on March 8, 2005 10:02:41 PM]

Get the book written by the creator of C++ , Bjarne Stroustrup.

Its very technical, but if you can understand it, you will know C++ inside out and backwards.

Quote:
Original post by WilyCoder
Get the book written by the creator of C++ , Bjarne Stroustrup.

Its very technical, but if you can understand it, you will know C++ inside out and backwards.

Teh book.For STL the book I like is book clicky.
my msn is in my profile [smile].

This topic is 4664 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.