BlitzMax or Blitz3D?

Started by
3 comments, last by Mech_Master 19 years, 1 month ago
I was just wondering a few things so here i go: BlitzMax is newer,costs $80 and it says it maintains its roots from Blitz3D and Blitz+ but in big BOLD LETTERS it says MAKE YOUR OWN 2D GAME-or something like that.While the older Blitz3D says make your own 2d and 3d games!And costs $100 :( 1-Is it a typo or is it a fact that BlitzMAX is only for 2D games? 2-Anyone experinced with both of this engines in here?Do you recommend it and why? Thanx for your time and help!
Advertisement
1) BlitzMax does not directly support 3D... yet. There is a 3D module coming out which will have support for this. OpenGL commands, however, can be used in BlitzMax for various 3D-esque features (rotation, scaling etc). That should clear up the price difference. The 3D module will probably cost a small amount extra. If you want to use 3D, get Blitz3D.

2) I have used Blitz Basic, Blitz3D and Blitz Plus. I dont have Blitz Max yet as I dont own a Macintosh. Its a very simple task to make games in Blitz, so I'd eagerly recommend it for making games. Its easy to use yet flexible and comprehensive enough to make some very stunning games. For further information on any of the Blitz languages, try asking the friendly folk at www.blitzbasic.com.
Worship the holy trinity that is Blitz, Babes and Beers!
Hmm

You seem to be helping me alot thanx man

But if there is a 3D module coming for the BMAX dont you think its better to go with BMAX ones and for all?

You need a MAC?In the site it says its coming for windows and linux too!Are they lyieng... lol
Its coming out for Windows and Linux. As yet, however, no release date has been given for it. Also, BlitzMax is a far more advanced version of the other Blitz products. It sacrifices a little ease of use for functionality. This makes it harder to code in for beginners. The module which will come out for BlitzMax does not have a release date either and the sum total of BlitzMax + 3D Module will probably total more than just buying the easier to use Blitz3D. Hence my recommendation.

But, of course, both are outstanding languages and you should be able to make simple games after only a short while of using them. Like I said, check out the forums and ask questions. There isnt much you can say which hasnt already been mentioned on the forums at least once so feel free to ask anything about the language you need.
Worship the holy trinity that is Blitz, Babes and Beers!
Hey can you help me alitle in Blitz3D,i really didnt like/understand the Documentation,is there any online guide or something a bit more easy to understand.Using the Demo,try before buy :)

Blitz might be for a supose begginer but i think its more for some one with a little code experience hence im total new to this.

Thanx and this place is very helpful!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement