Geometry clipmaps?

Started by
2 comments, last by Leif 19 years, 1 month ago
I’m trying to understand geometry clipmaps but I’m not really getting it, so does anyone know if there exists any alternate (other then Hoppes) explanation out there? I’ve been googling around without luck. Leif…
Advertisement
is there anything in particular you'd like need help with? or just the general overview? I have a movie on my desktop that they used to show off their results, it also talks about a very high level overview of the algorithm. Would that be helpful?
I hear there is a chapter in GPU Gems 2 book.

You could go buy it, or go to a bookstore and read the article (if you are a poor student).
Gpu gems 2 isn’t released yet according to Amazon, so I think I have to wait with that one. Thanks for the tip though, I will check it out when it’s ready.

It’s the rendering part I don’t get. As I understand it one create several nxn grids with different resolution and then render them all, or at least parts of each square, the outer part. Oh well, here is where it gets dizzy. And how are the triangle strips arranged? Yes, I’m lost.

The movie you have, can I download it from somewhere? Cause my main mail account has kind of failed and my backup can’t handle large files.

Leif…

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement