Regarding Parsing of .X file

Started by
3 comments, last by Specchum 19 years, 1 month ago
i hae been trying to parse .X file but i have been getting linking error sying cannot create DirctXfileCreate linking error and in comile it doesnt give any error. Can u just help this is included in "dxfile.h" so anyone help me wat the problem and the solution to it
Advertisement
Hi. School mistake. Including header files isn't enough. You must also give linker paths to libraries (*.lib) in wchich it can find compiled code of functions declared in headers. You must (depending on GUI you're using) find project settings and add libraries to settings file, or you can force linker to do it by typing: #pragma comment (lib, "library.lib") where library.lib is the filename of the library requested. As for .X file, you should use xfile.lib (or something like that). Greetz.
i tried still not working i dont know why is it giving that error
Oh. Maybe you haven't set the library directories? Look into options / settings
(or something similar, depending on what devstudio UR using). Or you may try setting compiler switches. The linker must know where it may find .lib files. Greetz.
What are the libs that you are linking in currently? Try linking in d3dxof.lib explicitly.
"There is no dark side of the moon." - Pink Floyd

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement