fast side scrolling shooter...open sourced?

Started by
3 comments, last by Codejoy 19 years, 1 month ago
Anyone have any links to some open source fast side scrolling shooters? I am trying to make a variation as such, but im not totally sure what the best way to spawn my enemies (and/or build the levels). I wanted to have "Spawn" points at certain parts of the level, that when the player got close would spawn a wave of enemies there...but then I realized that this wouldn't work for the types of enemies that come from behind...well I "could" make it work but it would seem kludgy. Oh well just not sure the best way, and do most shooters used child linked lists of objects for waves of bad guys? Im not sure how i want to implement the waves, my engine's ai functions work fine so I could make individual objects for every object on the screen (if its in a wave or a different wave of enemies doesnt matter) the trick would be adding all these objects to a list and assigning them a "WaveID" that is just an unique number to the wave, that way I can just collide and kill the objects like normal, but when the list finds no more of a particular ID exists in the list anymore (cause killed objects are removed from the list) then I would know the entire wave was destroyed and add a bonus... oh well just thinking out loud, never attempted this before and not sure the best way to start....just wanted to get some ideas to get the creative coding juices flowing...
Advertisement
Have you tried browsing SourceForge.net? You can search on categories.
You can get the ABUSE source code here.
Have you ever heard of arranging your post, para phrasing and stuff like that.
Your post was not very fun to read. To be honest i stoped reading it halfway through, since i experienced it as "just a big clutter of text".

When you make a post, take the extra time to make it easy to read. You will notice that you will get more answers this way.

When it comes to your question, i dont have any answer for you. I did not bother to decrypt your post ;)

Note. This is no flame, just an observation and sugestion.

Sincerely, Allmight.
-------------------------------------------------Founder and DirectorAllSoft Studios
Sorry I was writing the post "Stealth" like :) minimizing often, cant stop thinking bout coding games today bah.

and no I didn't try SourceForge.net since its blocked from the computer im on. arg. good idea though. Abuse is out of the scope, this is supposed to be for a simple side scroller shooter, I consider Abuse almost a platformer, though it might have some gems in it too, I can check it out...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement