Sign in to follow this  

[.net] PropertyGrid blues

This topic is 4664 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I'm developing a grid control. The control contains an instance of a layout class which contains information about how to draw the control. How can I make the members of this class browsable in the IDE editor.. When I use the Browsable attribute the only information that comes up is the classname of the layout class. What I would like is to have it browsable in a group when it's contained in another class like for instance the Rectangle and Point structs. Any suggestions? [Edited by - pim on March 10, 2005 10:41:12 AM]

Hey!
I'll try to explain it a bit better... I'm making my own control with some properties wich I want to be browsable in a specific way in the PropertyGrid.

http://d4rk.org/preview/coding/propertygrid.gif

The region marked in blue is how I want it to look. I want all the public members of a public class contained within the control to be browsable, just like the members of Margin (with a +/- button). But what I get when i make it public and browsable is just the class name as marked in red..

Any suggestions on how to make the properties browsable like in "Margin"?

Ok.. I found the solution... I have to give the class another type converter that inherits from ExpandableObjectConverter...

This topic is 4664 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.