Sign in to follow this  

fake CFD in Quickbasic 4.5

This topic is 4664 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been feeling a little on the nastalgic side and wrote the neat little program that dose some fake CFD. how's this for bragging rights? Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) in real time written entirely in Quick Basic. I wrote it in 286 lines of code with no functions or subs. In total it took me about 3 hours to develop the algorithms and write the code. With future games becoming ever more realistic, CFD is going to be on the bleeding edge of future gaming technology in years to come. Warning! it's old school code so it may or may not work properly. it accesses the video memory directly so it give you GP fault. Frank A. Cashio www.ohmphotography.com/CFD.EXE

Hmmm,

I just get a black 'c' shape in the top left corner with a greenish? rectangle around it. Am I supposed to do anything, or wait?

CJM

Quote:
Original post by CJM
Hmmm,

I just get a black 'c' shape in the top left corner with a greenish? rectangle around it. Am I supposed to do anything, or wait?

CJM

That's all I get too.
EDIT: It's because it runs too fast. Try running it in a DOS emulator with the speed turned right down.

Actually the computer I'm on now dose the same thing. Oh well. I write it with DirectX and repost. I was just testing a theorie and it worked so great I thought I'd share it. Sadly it's no too compatible.
-Frank

Sign in to follow this