Agent Tracing Source Code

Started by
6 comments, last by jbadams 19 years, 1 month ago
Can any one in the know, PLEASE, PLEASE, please refer me to educational reference material (Books, Video's, Web Content) that teaches source code that perform's agent tracing. Like when your playing a variety of advanced 1st person shooter games, like "Halo", the movement of game character's is traced and displayed on the game interface. Please somebody.
Advertisement
Can you be a bit more specific? Do you mean the radar part of the HUD? Or are you talking about some special effect involving motion blur on the character model?
I was refering to the radar part of the HUD.

If you have any reference material such as books, web content, or video's that teaches how to implement source code that performs this functionality.
Please fill me in on how to implement this technology in a 1st Person Shooter Engine.

Sincerely.
You could just create a 2d vector from your player to all other players, then map these vectors onto the radar display. If you want to get more complicated you can keep the vector as a 3d vector and do some type of shading or other method to display height on the radar as well.

As for a tutorial, I'm not quite sure what you're looking for as if you've made a 3D FPS game this part should be a walk in the park.
Something else halo does is that it blurs between the two positions on the map. Look up "motion blur" for details on how to do this.
IS THERE NO ONE OUT THERE THAT CAN REFER ME TO EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL, BOOKS, VIDEO'S, WEB PAGES THAT TEACH HOW TO IMPLEMENT AGENT TRACING SOURCE CODE IN A FPS SHOOTER.

PLEASE SOMEBODY !, MAY BE ?

Hey SourceCodeWizard, are you also Accra1Prog?

There's no such thing as "TEACH HOW TO IMPLEMENT AGENT TRACING SOURCE CODE". You either teach someone, as the friendly AP did, or give them source code.
Quote:Original post by SourceCodeWizzard
IS THERE NO ONE OUT THERE THAT CAN REFER ME TO EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL, BOOKS, VIDEO'S, WEB PAGES THAT TEACH HOW TO IMPLEMENT AGENT TRACING SOURCE CODE IN A FPS SHOOTER.

PLEASE SOMEBODY !, MAY BE ?

You, cool it off a bit, people are trying to find out exactly what it is that you want so that they can recommend you a good resource, typing in caps and being impatient will get you nowhere. Also, is there any particular reason for the second acount?

(not that it's an issue, I was just wondering).

Judging from the various questions you have asked (in addition to the manner in which they were asked), I'm going to assume you're relatively new at this - if this is not so, feel free to ignore the following advice, but in my opinion, you need to take some time to learn the basics.

For reference purposes, I personally have never heard of a radar on the HUD referred to as agent tracing, but weizur's suggestion should be enough information if you are actually of the skill level to implement a game requiring this - if not, you need to work your way up to that skill level, and learn the required knowledge along the way.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement