GT Driver

Started by
0 comments, last by superpig 19 years, 1 month ago
Hello All, I have tried to learn to code,but i just suck at it :p Now my question was,maybe a few guys over here can help me. I guess you all know the famous game 'Gran Turismo',and the idea i had was based upon the GT games. I have already thought out how to run to game,without the use of those graphics. Backgrounds shouldn't be hard neither... If we ever can get a game near to release,it will be freeware. I have some ideas in my mind to do the racing. If you guys want,i will post it here. I really hope some guys can help me,because i think it will be a loss if this idea turned into nothing... Edit: Think i have told a bit too less,so i will fill in that part: Since cars doesn't have to be modelled,neither tracks have to do,cars are using this option. There are 3 things important about the car: BHP,Weight and Crash Factor. There will be no racing itself,but it will be used like a script for that. There are a few parts of that script: 1. First Formula: Power : BHP 2. The result of that Formula,will be done x the tracklength (Power : BHP x TrackLength) 3. Then there has to be additional Crash Factor time added (Power : BHP x TrackLength + Crash Factor) The Crash Factor somehow has to be added in such a way,it will be sometimes + 0.1 and other times + 2.5 (get it?) There will be several classes on the cars,and only the cars of that specific class can enter the race. I have told now more than enough,and i really,really hope some people does have the free time to help me with it. I am not saying this is the best idea in the world,but it could make quite a nice game in my opinion...
GT Driver
Advertisement
Hmm, so it's a bit like the Championship Manager games - instead of actually controlling the race itself, you'd set up some things beforehand (like the car you use, tyre type, maybe send a couple of pretty girls round to your driver's house to keep him in a good mood) and then hit 'Race!' and the game would work out how you did?

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement